- Signed contract & 50% advance payment due within 10 days of making your reservation (see details for forms of payment).
- Rental Balance & Security deposit due 10 days prior to arrival.
- $40 Reservation Processing Fee.
- Check-in 3:00 PM. Check-out 11:00 AM.
- Late arrivals must make arrangements with the office for key pick-up. All balances and security deposits must be paid prior to arrival.
- Cancellations made 30 days prior to arrival receive full refund less $35 processing fee.
- Cancellations made less than 30 days prior to arrival see Policies In Detail.
- Pets allowed in Pet-Friendly cabins only. Fee applies – $65 per pet plus applicable tax – nonrefundable.
- Smoking allowed on porches & decks only.
- All cabins have fully equipped kitchens, telephone, TV, DVD’s, Washers and dryers, gas grills.
- All towels & linens, toilet paper, dish detergent (both electric and hand), interior trash bags, soft soaps at each sink and standard light bulbs provide
- Fire wood provided at no charge for cabins with wood burning fireplaces or wood stoves.
- No fires on property unless fire pit provided. No fireworks. No campers, tents, or motor homes.
- No refunds for weather conditions, electrical blackouts, or non-functioning amenities.
Policies at a Glance
Policies in Detail
THIS IS A VACATION RENTAL AGREEMENT UNDER THE NORTH CAROLINA VACATION RENTAL ACT. THE RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS OF THE PARTIES TO THIS AGREEMENT ARE DEFINED BY LAW AND INCLUDE UNIQUE PROVISIONS PERMITTING THE DISBURSEMENT OF RENT PRIOR TO TENANCY AND EXPEDITED EVICTION OF TENANTS. YOUR SIGNATURE ON THIS AGREEMENT, OR PAYMENT OF MONEY OR TAKING POSSESSION OF THE PROPERTY AFTER RECEIPT OF THE AGREEMENT, IS EVIDENCE OF YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THE AGREEMENT AND YOUR INTENT TO USE THIS PROPERTY AS A VACATION RENTAL.
Confirming Your Reservation
The total on your reservation is $_____(including the current applicable 12.75% tax rate, subject to change, a $40.00 Security Deposit Protection Plan and a$40.00 non-refundable Reservation Processing fee). Your 50% Advance Payment of $_____ is due on,_______ and will be applied to your reservation balance. The Advance Payment will confirm your reservation – if not received by due date your reservation will be cancelled. Advance payments are held in a non-interest bearing trust account at BB&T, 2458 Hwy 105 S, Boone NC 28607. The remaining balance, in the amount of $_______ will be due on_____.
No keys will be issued to any property until balance and Security Deposit have been paid in full. Please read check-in and check-out instructions before proceeding to your property.
Methods of Payment
Payments may be made by check (personal or business), Master Card or Visa, money order, cashiers check or cash. Returned checks will be charged a $25 fee.
Security Deposit Protection Plan
This Security Deposit Protection plan covers unintentional damages to the rental unit interior that occur during your stay, provided they are disclosed to management prior to check-out. The policy will pay a maximum benefit of $3000. Any damages that exceed $3000 will be charged to the credit card on file. If, during your stay at one of our Rental Properties, an Insured Person causes any damage to real or personal property of the unit as a result of inadvertent acts or omissions, the Insurer will reimburse the Insured for the cost of repair or replacement of such property up to a maximum benefit of $3000. Certain terms and conditions apply. Full details of the Security Deposit Protection coverage are contained in the Certificate of Insurance or Insurance Policy (www.vacationrentalinsurance.com/10sdi ). The Security Deposit Protection can be purchased up to, and including at, check-in. By submitting payment for this plan, you authorize and request CSA Travel Protection and Insurance Services to pay directly Valle Crucis Log Cabin Rentals any amount payable under the terms and conditions of the Security Deposit Protection. Please contact Valle Crucis Log Cabin Rentals directly if you do not wish to participate in this plan or assignment.
You may cancel your reservation 30 days or more from expected arrival date and receive a refund of advance payments paid less a $35.00 cancellation fee. If you cancel your reservation 30 days or less from your arrival date, no refund will be made until the property is re-rented and confirmed for the same time period VCLCR will make every effort to re-rent the property, to minimize your loss. If the property is re-rented for only a portion of the original rental period, the only refund due the canceling guest are the funds in excess of the original rental, less the $35.00 cancellation fee. In the event the guest cancels this reservation and the property is not re-rented for the entire occupancy period shown on the front of this contract, then all payments made are forfeited. Any refunds will be paid to the guest within 30 days after the subsequent re-rental payment has cleared our account.
Articles Left Behind
We are not responsible for any items left in the rental unit after your departure. A signed permission to return lost items form must be in our office prior to articles being returned. Articles identified and requested by the guest will be sent via United Parcel Service or United States Postal Service. All unclaimed items left over 3 months will be donated to charity.
During the months of November-March it is STRONGLY ADVISED that you have a 4WD vehicle and/or heavy link tire chains. Some properties will require 4 wheel drive and heavy link tire chains in certain weather conditions. Valle Crucis Log Cabin Rentals does not guarantee weather or road conditions and no refund will be given as a result of either. We cannot tow vehicles.
Pet allowed properties require a $65.00 per pet non refundable pet fee plus applicable taxes. Some pet friendly properties have a maximum allowable number of pets. Bringing a pet to any property that does not allow for pets will result in a charge for damages (not limited to additional cleaning or pest extermination) and possible eviction. Pets are not allowed on furniture. If pets have been found to have been on furniture there will be a charge to your credit card for any additional cleaning needed. You will be notified of any charges prior to your card be charged. It is recommended guest bring their own linens to cover furniture if they are bringing a pet that may get on furniture during their absence.
Use of Property / Rights & Obligations of the Tenant
The property you are renting is a privately owned home. Please use your discretion and treat this home as you would your own. If the company discovers that the property is being abused, you will be charged the amount of actual damages and may be evicted. The tenant of a residential property used for a vacation rental shall keep that part of the property which he or she occupies and uses as clean and safe as the conditions of the property permit and cause no unsafe or unsanitary conditions in the common areas and remainder of the property that he or she uses; dispose of all ashes, rubbish, garbage, and other wares in a clean and safe manner; keep all plumbing fixtures in the property or used by the tenants as clean as their condition permits; not deliberately or negligently destroy, deface, damage or remove any part of the property or render inoperable the smoke detector provided by the landlord or knowingly permit any person to do so; comply with all obligations imposed upon the tenant by current applicable building and housing codes; be responsible for all damage, defacement, or removal of any property inside the property that is in his or her exclusive control unless the damage, defacement, or removal was due to extraordinary wear and tear, acts of the landlord or his or her agent, defective products supplied or repairs authorized by the landlord, acts of third parties not invitees of the tenant or natural forces; notify the landlord of the need for replacement of or repairs to a smoke detector immediately. Tenant agrees not to leave an unattended fire in the fireplaces.
Rights & Obligations of the Landlord
The landlord agrees to comply with all current applicable building and housing codes; to make all repairs and do whatever is reasonably necessary to put and keep the property in a fit and habitable condition; to keep all common areas of the property in a safe condition; to maintain in good and safe working order and reasonable and promptly repair all electrical, plumbing, sanitary, heating, ventilating, and other facilities and major appliances supplied by him or her upon written notification from the tenant that repairs are needed; to provide operable smoke detectors, and replace or repair smoke detectors if the landlord is notified by the tenant in writing that repair or replacement is needed; to annually place new batteries in a battery operated smoke detector.
Smoking & Inoperative Equipment
Smoking is forbidden in non-smoking cabins and may result in charges for damages and possible eviction. Valle Crucis Log Cabin Rentals and property owners make every good faith effort to provide hot tubs, jacuzzi bathtubs, TV’s, air conditioners, etc, in good working order, and attempt to repair them as quickly as possible during your reservation, upon notice from the tenant. However, due to the difficulty of repairs to such amenities, guests understand that Valle Crucis Log Cabin Rentals, can make no guarantees that these amenities will be working throughout the duration of the reservation and guests will not be entitled to any refund if they are not.
Rules & Regulations
- Fireworks are prohibited at all properties.
- Making, setting or starting a fire of any kind, except in the fireplace or charcoal grill is prohibited.
- Loud noises, music or obnoxious, dangerous and unlawful behavior will not be tolerated.
- NO large parties, campers, motor homes or tents are permitted on the premises.
- Valle Crucis Log Cabin Rentals reserves the right to cancel occupancy and charge for damages incurred, for exceeding the maximum number of people allowed to stay in the house or for having pets at non-pet cabins.
- Tenant understands that Valle Crucis Log Cabin Rentals is not responsible for lost or stolen valuables and agrees to keep cabin locked and secured at all times.
- Linens and towels are supplied in each unit in sufficient quantities for the maximum occupancy allowed. Tenant accepts responsibility for loss of or damage to these towels and linens, as provided for in the Tenant Security Deposit Act.
- Guest agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the property owners from any and all costs, expenses, legal proceedings, injury to guests, family or friends of guests entering the property and grounds, unless the same was due solely to the willful act of gross negligence of the property owners.
- Valle Crucis Log Cabin Rentals and its employees shall have the right to enter the property at reasonable hours for the maintenance, housekeeping or inspections.
“I acknowledge and understand the policies and procedures as they are described above, also understanding that Valle Crucis Log Cabin Rentals ultimately represents the interests of the individual property owners. Should I have any questions regarding my reservation or other company policies/procedures, I will contact Valle Crucis Log Cabin Rentals.”
2931 Broadstone Road
Banner Elk, NC 28604
PO Box 554
Valle Crucis, NC 28691
Fax: (828) 963-6209